Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Name, name, what's in a name?

AddieTudes. Where did it come from? Simple. Beautiful. Unique. Sweetness. Girly. These are just a few words that come to mind when I think of my daughter, Addison. Known as 'Addie' for short. .....soooooooooooooooooooooooooo AddieTudes! it is, was and will forever be.

Coming up with a business name was no easy task. *almost* like naming your first born. Once you name, kinda hard to change it. AddieTudes doesn't have a middle name, so I would never be able to call the biz by middle name. AddieTudes Maria. Ummm, no. I like the name Maria, don't get me wrong. Just no.

Up next...a catch phrase. You know, Nike has "Just Do It." As much as I want to tell all of you AddieTudes.."Just Do It." I am really not at a point in my life that I would like to invite a lawsuit. It took what seemed forever to come up with something. I wanted something specific. Something with meaning. Something that would awe me and give me those emotional goosebumps every single time I read it. I jogged my brain, took multiple trips down memory lane, doodle and oodled over words, symbols, wingdings, whatever. I remember driving in my car and it fell in my lap. AddieTudes....from the inside out......

We love from the inside out, our personalities are from the inside out and of course, our ADDIETUDES are from the inside out. Not to mention, in the art of sewing and creating, it is done inside out. All of these things fit perfectly.

That being said, I knew from that moment on, I wanted AddieTudes to be worn from the inside out (not INSIDE OUT ☺ although...that could be my next project, there are some secret things in the works.) It was completely on my heart that whoever you are and wherever you live, I wanted my AddieTudes creations to bring your child joy, smiles and giggles upon giggles. Above all, I wanted your child to feel love, From the Inside Out.

AddieTudes. Unique, just like your child. xoxoxoxo

Have a great Tuesday♥

Love,
Mylene (The meaning behind my name? My parents are AWESOME! I am blessed to have each of their names combined to form my own. Michael and Lynn. Love you , Mom and Dad!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment